History of Education
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): prof. dr. Vidmar Tadej
- Problems of education are presented in historical context. Development of theories, concepts, problem solving strategies, and empirical findings connected with subject matter. Connection of pedagogy and andragogy with other sciences.
- Education is understood as socio-historical phenomenon. History is presented as history of structures, society and mentalities.
- Basic concepts of pedagogy and andragogy are presented in social context and in its historical development. Educational phenomena are analyzed in their specific cultural and historical context.
- Identification and analysis of phases, milestones in the development of theory and praxis of education from the beginning to the end of the 16th century: oldest civilizations, Antiquity, Middle Ages, Renaissance and Humanism, Reformation and Counter-Reformation. Historical analysis of forms of education of children, youth and adults, forms of formal, non-formal, and informal education and learning.
- Emphasized is the analysis and interpretation of development of institutions, forms and methods of education in Slovenia from beginnings to the end of the 18th century.