French and Romance Languages
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Šega Agata
1 Romance linguistics: object of study and short history of the science.
2 Classical and Vulgar Latin.
3 Vulgar Latin and its meaning for the Romance linguistics; its basic phonetical, morphological, syntactical and lexical characteristics in comparison with those of the Romance languages.
4 Romance languages:
- Romania: the definition of the term;
- various criteria of classification of the Romance languages;
- geographic criterion of classification of the Romance languages;
5 Balkan Romance, Italoromance, Rhetoromance, Iberoromance
- Occitan language;
- Franco-Provencal language
- alloglottic communities in the Galloromance territory.
7 French language:
- a short history of French and the development of its typical features;
- French dialects and standard French;
- the position of French in Europe and outside;
- the Slovenes and the French language.