Translation from Slovene into English
Lecturer(s): izr. prof. dr. Jurko Primož
Translation of various types of texts and finding solutions to translational problems concerning text composition, style and vocabulary. Contrastive analysis of selected text-types in both languages. The focus of the analysis will be on the translational problems mentioned above and on compliance with the textual conventions and norms of the respective texts in both languages.
Translation of various genres of texts
- practical application of theoretical knowledge
- active participation in the translation processwith real-time problem solving
- translation of collocations
- translation of all parts of (lexical) meaning style in particular
- comparison of cohesive elements in both languages
- degrees of formality.